Last revised: September 30, 2019
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use the information for and to whom we share or give the information. It also establishes your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or inquiries.
This privacy statement explains how we are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when:
- you use our Website or
- we perform any other activities that form part of the operation of this Website
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal information with other third parties (for example, our service providers).
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
1. Collection of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you use this Website.
When you access and browse the Site (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website) we will collect the following from you:
Information you provide:
Contact information – we receive and store any information you enter on our Site. Our Site uses forms to collect your personal information including your name, telephone number, email address so you can request information, get support and use our services.
Payments and billing information – when signing up for any of our Services, we request additional personal and payment information such as your name, credit card information, PayPal or relevant service, billing address, government or TAX identification number or other information including but not limited to certificates, forms, payment documents and other relevant documents.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties
Automated information – when you visit our website we receive and collect information, which may – in certain circumstances constitute personal information – and which includes your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date/time and/or clickstream data.
Website Analytics tools – We use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this Site, such as number of visits, pages visited, popularity of certain content. Analytics tools use tracking technologies (like cookies) to recognize your device and compile information about you. They collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, the IP address assigned to you, what operating system and web browser you use, and what site you visited prior to visiting our website.
Information Logs – when you visit the Site, view content provided by us, use our services, use our Chat service, send us an email, we automatically collect and store certain information in log files. This includes your IP address, URL, browser software, operating system, date/time, requests type to our Site and error responses returned by our Site or Services.
Other information – we also receive and store any information that you provide on our Site, our Chat service, email, telephone, or any other type of communication with our team or related to the provisioning of our services.
2. How we use information about you
We may also use your personal information collected via our Website:
- to manage and improve our Website
- to tailor the content of our Website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information regarding services provided by Shadetree Partners that may be of interest to you
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our Website above, we may use your personal information for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements
- requests and communications from competent authorities
- sending details of products and services provided Shadetree Partners that may be of interest to you; contacting you to receive feedback on these services; and contacting you for other market or research purposes
- protecting our rights
- the legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes outlined above because of: (a) our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of our Website; (b) our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our Website so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests; (c) the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
3. Purposes of data processing
When you access or use our Services, we need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, as set out in this Policy. We are committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when we process personal data:
- We strive to collect only the minimum personal data that we need to deliver any Services to you.
- We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- We make sure we only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for.
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information, as set out in this Policy:
- Contract– the use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual obligations in order to provide any Services to you
- Legal obligations – our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations
- Our legitimate interests – necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to:
- run, grow, develop and deliver our services
- detect and prevent fraudulent activities
- enhance the security of our network and information systems
- better understand how people interact with our website
- enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our clients
- Consent– we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information to send you marketing information (such as our newsletters and promotional offers) by email, SMS, or telephone. You may withdraw your consent at any time by updating your personal information/Settings in your user profile in our User Area, using our Unsubscribe option in relation to email subscriptions, or contacting us using the details set out in the “Further questions and contacts” section of this Policy.
4. Cookies on ShadetreePartners.org
You can also modify your Cookie preferences straight from your browser. Please note that if you simply disable all of our cookies or cookies in general in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our Site will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting Site functionally required cookies.
5. To whom we disclose your information
All personal information collected by Shadetree Partners is treated as confidential. We disclose entire or part of your data in the limited circumstances described below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- If we are required by law – we will disclose information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- Third Party Vendors – we will share information with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide various services on our behalf.
- To Protect Rights and Property – we will share account and personal information with companies, organizations or individuals when we believe in good-faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to meet any applicable law, comply with regulation, legal process or enforceable request; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; to investigate potential violations; to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Shadetree Partners, our users or the public as required or permitted by law. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
6. International transfers
If we host, store or otherwise handle your personal information within the borders of the USA and European Economic Area (EEA), we will make sure that any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with data protection and privacy laws that apply.
European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA.
When transferring personal information outside the USA to EEA, we will include the standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission under Article 46.2 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) into our contract with the EEA-based Shadetree Partners or other Partners.
You can find out further information about the rules on data transfers outside the USA, including the mechanisms that we rely upon, on the European Commission website here.
7. Protection of your personal information
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal information secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal information
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal information on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software
Shadetree Partners has and requires its service providers to have security policies and procedures in place to help protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite Shadetree Partners’ efforts, however, security cannot be guaranteed against all threats.
8. How long do we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for the longest of the following periods: (i) as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services; (ii) any retention period that is required by law; (iii) the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
9. Your rights
You have various rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information and request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- object to our processing of your personal information.
- exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal information, please contact us.
10. Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
11. Further questions and contacts